YOU WILL NEED:
- Pack of Food Works Fresh Fast Food Crunchy Mauritian Achard
- Two large onions, cut coarsely
- One Tbsp crushed or finely grated ginger
- One Tbsp of water mixed into paste with one Tbsp water
- Four chillis, cut in two lengthways (Optional)
- Mustard seeds (Optional)
- Oil and vinegar to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put some oil into a pan or wok, add all ingredients, add turmeric and let simmer for a short time. The vegetables must still be crunchy.
Let cool then put into glass bottle or bottles, top with oil. Let Marinate for a few days and serve along side your favourite meals.
Ingredients can vary to suit your liking. This is just the base recipe for a traditional Mauritian Achard.
Mauritian Achard is very versatile and can be eaten with almost any meal. eg: Alongside curries, on toast with avocado, with eggs and bacon, in an omelette or even in your favourite sandwich.
PS: If you have any other ideas of you own, on what else our Mauritian Achard can be used with, please share with us.