YOU WILL NEED:
- Pack of Food Works Fresh Fast Food Roasted Pumpkin.
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese (Optional)
- Peeled baby onions (Optional)
- Olive/Coconut Oil
- Chopped Chilli (Optional)
- 2 whole cloves of garlic (Optional)
Empty contents of Food Works Fresh fast food Roasted Pumpkin pack onto an oven tray and smother well with either olive oil or coconut oil (We love coconut oil, the reason being that coconut oil does not oxidise when reaching very high heat). We also love the flavour that it gives to the roasted pumpkin, but that's optional to each individual’s taste.
You can also add 2 whole bulbs of garlic without breaking them apart, as well as peeled baby onions to the pumpkin it tastes so delicious. You could also add pumpkin seeds and/or chopped chilli to roast together with your roasted pumpkin for added flavour.
Roast in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 mins at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are having a roast, add to roast 20 to 25 mins before finishing your favourite meat. Cook until caramelized.
Mozzarella is another idea to add to your roasted pumpkin . Add some grated mozzarella on top 5 to 6 mins on grill after your pumpkin is roasted.
Serve and Enjoy!
We hope that you like this idea and hope we are getting those taste buds going. Here are a few surprising health benefits of pumpkin.
IMPORTANT HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Pumpkin is considered a Superfood
- It boosts vision, especially in dim light according to the National institute of Health.
- Pumpkin seeds help to prevent Hypertension.
- Rich in tryptophan, the amino acid which helps you to sleep, responsible for helping your body to relax and unwind, which also improves your mood,
- It has a high fibre content and therefore makes you feel fuller, for longer.
- Vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy skin, teeth and bones.
- Pumpkin and the seeds are an antioxidant, rich in Beta-Carotene helping to protect you against Cancer and prostrate problems in men.